Water – A very special molecule
Water is an element of secrets and anomalies. Did you know that water defies all laws of physics and remains a fascinating mystery to science today?
Anomalies of water. Everyone probably knows that water can occur in different forms, namely solid, liquid and gaseous. The question we want to ask is why ice has a lower density than water. In almost all materials it has a higher density in solid form, but water is an exception here. Water has its highest density at 4 ° C and at this point has the lowest volume.
The element of sense and sensibility. Metabolic processes are not possible without water. The interior of our cells is also largely water. Here you will find some 60% of the water in the human body. The other 40% circulate outside the cells. Thus, about 90-95% of the liquid portion of the blood is water.
Even a multi talent. The main function of water is the removal of pollutants. Did you know that there are more minerals in an apple than in a bottle of mineral water? Carbonic acid serves as a preservative in the bottled water industry in order to keep the bacterial density in the mineral water as low as possible. To take with mineral water the same amount of minerals as with an apple, we would have to drink about 120 liters of mineral water.
Real wonder. In its form, water is used exclusively for mass transfer. Therefore, water must be as pure as possible so that the hydrogen molecule has room to absorb pollutants and transport them out of the body.